Medical Billing CourseOrder the Course Online - $399 »
Our Online Medical Billing Course is designed to educate the biller on starting and running a medical billing business. It begins with basics such as getting started, marketing, and working with providers. As you progress, you will learn more detailed and specific information on the day to day intricacies of a medical billing business.
This course has 35 sections.
Throughout the course, you will answer questions that provide instant feedback to enhance your learning experience. Upon completion of the course, you will have obtained profound and in-depth concepts and information about the medical billing industry.
At the end of the course, you will be given an exam designed to test your knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform various tasks associated with the medical billing industry.
This course provides billers with skills, training and information needed to operate a successful medical billing business.
Access to this course is set for one year. There are no required books or documents to utilize this course.
Average Course Completion Time is 70-80 hours.
Click Here to download a demo of the Online Courses »
- Medical Billing as a Career
- Becoming an Independent Biller
- Definition of a Medical Biller
- The Billing Process
- Industry Changes
- Background Information on Claims Submission and Processing
- Things to do First
- Getting Started
- Managing Your Time
- Learn the Lingo
- Acronyms and Terms
- Medical Coding
- EDI Transactions and Clearinghouses
- How Doctors Think and Act
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How Fees are Determined
- Getting Paid for your Services
- CMS 1500 Claim Form
- Insurance Basics
- The Role of Insurance Carriers
- Coordination of Benefits
- Medicare Basics
- Managed Care Terms
- Marketing to Providers
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Practice Management
- Providers You Can Work For
- Dealing With Rejections and Appeals
- Services You Can Offer
- Compliance Guidelines
- Fraud and Abuse
- Contracts, Forms, and More
The topics listed above are covered in our Online Course but are not representative of all comprehensive subject matter covered. To learn more about this course, feel free to speak with an Association Representative at (580) 369-2700.
This course will be taken online and can only be accessed using an internet connection.
Course access will be granted immediately if purchased through the student center. If purchased through AMBA Store or over the phone, course access will be granted the same day, if during business hours, and the next business day if purchased after hours. Your course login information will be emailed to you.
This Course is pre-approved for 6 CEUs through AMBA
This course is included in our Medical Billing Starter Program. Items included in this program:
- MedLook Biller Medical Billing Software
- Medical Billing Online Course
- Advanced Claims Processing Manual (e-book manual)
- Introductory CPT Coding Online Course
- Introductory ICD-10-CM Course
- HIPAA Privacy Toolkit
- HIPAA Security Toolkit
- OIG Compliance Manual
- CMRS Study Guide
Click Here for more Information »