Intro to ICD 10 Part 2 Online Coding
Order the Course Online - $99 »
This online course is Part 2 of our Introductory ICD-10-CM Coding Courses. It is not an advanced course, but will provide you with the basics of diagnosis coding along with practice exercises, section tests and a final exam.
The course has six sections.
The answers to all coding exercises and section tests will be from the most current edition of the ICD-10-CM Coding Manual.
You will need the most recent version of the ICD-10-CM Code Book or a subscription to AMBACode to complete this course.
The course is designed with a pre-test for each section, and a final examination. Upon completion of the last section, you will have the opportunity to take the final exam covering all of the sections. When you've completed the final exam, you will be able to print a certificate of completion. The test scores are not recorded until you take the final exam. You must correctly answer 75% of the final exam questions to achieve a passing score. If you do not achieve a passing score, you may retake the test.
Access to this course is set for one year. Average Course Completion Time is 30-40 hours.
Try AMBACode – our coding software to look up your codes. AMBACode includes all three sets of codes plus more. Get a 28 day free trial. Using this software would replace the need for you to purchase code books.
- A Basic Introduction to ICD-10-CM
- Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM
- Code Order, Combination Codes and Introducing Placeholders
- Synopsis of ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines by Chapter
- Chapter 1: Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (A00-B99)
- Chapter 2: Neoplasms (C00-D49)
- Chapter 3 Disease of the Blood and Blood-forming Organs and Certain Disorders involving the Immune Mechanism (D50-D89)
- Chapter 4: Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases (E00-E89)
- Chapter 5: Mental and Behavioral Disorders (F01-F99)
- Chapter 6: Diseases of the Nervous System (G00-G99)
- Chapter 7: Diseases of Eye and Adnexa (H00-H59)
- Chapter 8: Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process (H60-H95)
- Chapter 9: Diseases of the Circulatory System (I00-I99)
- Chapter 10: Diseases of the Respiratory System (J00-J99)
- Chapter 11: Diseases of the Digestive System (K00-K95)
- Chapter 12: Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (L00-L99)
- Chapter 13: Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (M00-99)
- Chapter 14: Diseases of the Genitourinary System (N00-N99)
- Chapter 15: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium (O00-O9A)
- Chapter 16: Certain Conditions Origination in the Perinatal Period (P00-P96)
- Chapter 17: Congenital Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities (Q00-Q99)
- Chapter 18: Signs, Symptoms, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings (NEC) (R00-R99)
- Chapter 19: Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes, (S00-T88)
- Chapter 20: External Causes of Morbidity and Mortality (V00-Y99)
- Chapter 21: Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services (Z00-Z99)
The topics listed above are covered in our Online Course but are not representative of all comprehensive subject matter covered. To learn more about this course, feel free to speak with an Association Representative at (580) 369-2700.
This course will be taken online and can only be accessed using an internet connection.
Course access will be granted immediately if purchased through the student center. If purchased through AMBA Store or over the phone, course access will be granted the same day, if during business hours, and the next business day if purchased after hours. Your course login information will be emailed to you.
This Course is pre-approved for 6 CEUs through AMBA