CMS 1500 CourseOrder the Course Online - $49 »
This course is designed to provide you with crucial information that will allow you to understand and fill-out the CMS 1500 Claim Form.
The correct edition of the 1500 claims form states, at the top of the form, “Approved by National Uniform Claim Committee (NUCC) 02/12.” The bottom right corner of the form will read, “Approved OMB-0938-1197 Form 1500 (02-12).
This course has five sections
Upon completion of the last section, you will have the opportunity to take the final exam covering all of the sections. When you've completed the final exam, you will be able to print a certificate of completion.
Access to this course is set for one year. There are no required books to complete this course. Links to all required forms will be provided within the course.
Average Course Completion Time is 30-40 hours.
Click Here to download a demo of the Online Courses »
- Filling Out the CMS 1500 Form Part 1
- Filling Out the CMS 1500 Form Part 2
- Filling Out the CMS 1500 Form Part 3
- Case Study
The claim form itself is split into three sections
- Fields 1-13 – Patient information
- Fields 14-24 – Procedural and diagnostic information related to services provided
- Fields 25-33 – Servicing and billing provider information.
To reinforce these concepts, we will present the information required to correctly complete the claim form based on the section requirements. Practice questions will follow each section. The last section is a case study in which you will create a clean 1500 claim based on the information given.
In an office setting, all information required to complete the CMS form is found in:
- Section 1: The patient’s registration form.
- Section 2: The superbill and verified information in the medical chart.
- Section 3: The provider and billing provider information will be found in your billing (or front) office.
The topics listed above are covered in our Online Course but are not representative of all comprehensive subject matter covered. To learn more about this course, feel free to speak with an Association Representative at (580) 369-2700.
This course will be taken online and can only be accessed using an internet connection.
Course access will be granted immediately if purchased through the student center. If purchased through AMBA Store or over the phone, course access will be granted the same day, if during business hours, and the next business day if purchased after hours. Your course login information will be emailed to you.
This Course is pre-approved for 6 CEUs through AMBA